VOC - Volatile Organic Compound Detection
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are organic chemicals that have a high vapour pressure at ordinary room temperature. Most scents or odours are of VOCs. Some VOCs are dangerous to human health or cause harm to the environment. Harmful VOCs typically are not acutely toxic, but have compounding long-term health effects. Because the concentrations are usually low and the symptoms slow to develop, research into VOCs and their effects is difficult. Respiratory, allergic, or immune effects in infants or children are associated with man-made VOCs and other indoor or outdoor air pollutants.
Health effects include eye, nose, and throat irritation; headaches, loss of coordination, nausea; and damage to the liver, kidney, and central nervous system. Some organics can are suspected or known to cause cancer in humans. Our portable gas monitor for VOCs is the Crowcon Gas-Pro PID and utilises the Photo Ionization Detection technology to allow you to detect hundreds of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). If you are working in an environment that is high in levels of solvents, glues, paints and general VOCs, the Gas-Pro PID will monitor your safety. With its dual-coloured display, the monitor will alert the user with its 95db audible alarm and its dual-coloured visual alarm bars.
Industries and applications include: Food Production, Fire Brigade, Landfills, Tanks.
Crowcon’s PID works with a 10.6 electron volt lamp. This sensor is the most stable sensor on the market and offers the detection of a wide range of VOCs. The sensor has an internal UV light source, which the gas sample passes through. An electron is released for gases with an ionization potential of 10.6.
- Top mount display – Makes it easy to read at a glance for quick decision-making
- Simple single button operation – Limited training required
- Ergonomically designed – Sits well when worn and fits easily in the hand
- Monitors 5 gases from many different options – Hundreds of variants to choose from
- Pumped and diffusion solutions – Offers multiple uses within one compact detector
- Specific and unique Pre-Entry Check (PEC) mode – Takes away the pain of pre-entry testing
- Broad range PID – Hundreds of gases detected
- Water and dust resistant to IP65 and IP66 – Capable of withstanding harsh environments
- Bump and calibration reminders – Full compliance
- Positive/+ve Safety – Full site compliance
- Strong pump – Up to 30m sampling
MODELS: Portable: Gas-Pro PID, Gas-Tec MK5 FID
CSL supply, service and maintain all our gas detectors in our workshop in Carlow or on site.