Boiler servicing exposes service engineers to potentially toxic levels of Carbon Monoxide. CO can be fatal at very high levels. As an odurless, colourless gas it poses a particular threat that can only be dealt with by the use of portable gas monitors that alarm once dangerous levels are reached. Choose from our range of low cost handheld Carbon Monoxide CO monitors. The Crowcon “Clip” has a 2-year life with no service or calibration required. CO is a toxic gas that can lead to death when critical levels are reached. Our CO gas meter alarms at recognised dangerous levels to protect you from toxic gas exposure. The Health and Safety Authority limits for CO exposure are just 20 and 100ppm for the long term and short term exposures.
The signs or symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure copy many common illnesses and can easily be confused with flu or simple tiredness. At low levels, carbon monoxide exposure may cause poor concentration, memory and vision problems, and loss of muscle coordination. At higher levels, it may cause headaches, fatigue, vomiting and nausea. At very high levels, the symptoms intensify and it can kill within a matter of hours.
Other Occupations which may be at risk of exposure to carbon monoxide include: